Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year/End o' Year stuff...

I will be posting a end of the year music blog in the very near future, but after reading a couple great end of year soccer pieces online I have to make note of them as well...


JUST got finished reading this one about the losses that soccer suffered this past year. Of course Puerta was the reason I had to check it out but there were other big names including Alan Ball.

"Today is one of the saddest days in the history of Sevilla FC," the Andalusian club's president, José María Del Nido said following the announcement that Puerta, aged just 22, had passed away on 28 August.

And, I was sent another blog I need to start reading more often...even if it is an EPL heavy site there's a lot of US soccer info on it as well. This particular year in end review is pretty nice, has several videos on it from this year including my favorite, the INCREDIBLE "sweet spot" shot of Benny Feilhaber to put the US ahead of Mexico in the Gold Cup. But if you aren't partial to this one, I believe it has links to other sites with year end reviews.

No comments: