Friday, September 7, 2007

Other Music For Uplifting Gourmandizers

This is the time when i should write all about the amazing trip I just took. The good times with Donna and her folks, and the wierd times, but I arrived in town yesterday afternoon; I tried sleeping, which worked off and on; I tried DJing at the station, but was too tired and left early. I went back home and before finally passing out I read that Hilly Kristal died. I'd like to go on and on about what the man did for me (even though I didn't even know who he was until after my first visit to his establishment, and even then I wouldn't know him if he'd walked up and kicked me). But in case you don't know he opened CBGB's in New York City back in 1973 and in doing so helped kick start something amazing for music lovers around the world. There's tons of stuff you can read about him out there, right now i'll leave you with the CBGB Tribute site.

No comments: